Vestry Business Report June
Welcome to new members
Jennifer Ayre, Danar Cheung and Kate Pearce were welcomed as new members of the Vestry.
Matters arising from Annual Business Meeting
- Gift Aid recovery (and therefore total income) in the 2008/9 accounts had been overestimated by Â£14,000 pounds. Ã˜ Any requests from staff members for additional leave would be sympathetically considered.
- Preparations are in hand for a service of thanksgiving before the Hall is demolished.
Building for the Future - New Hall Project:
- Of the tenders received for the construction of the New Hall, two are within our budget. The final decision between them will be made once funding is in place.
- In order to go ahead with the project, we need to arrange a loan of just under Â£400,000. The Royal Bank has not yet responded to our request for a loan on the security of the Rectory, apparently due to a change in senior management at our Branch. A response is now urgently required, since the tenders only remain open until August.
- Once a loan is arranged, work will start in August or September.
The Rector reported that St Silas' participation in the Gibson St Gala on 21 June had been a tremendous success, with over 700 people passing through the building during the afternoon.