Vestry Business Report March
Summary of Vestry Business Meeting 9 March 2009
Building for the Future â€“ New Hall Project:
- Financial Position: Over Â£1m has been pledged. We may need a loan of Â£400k, adding about Â£20k per year to expenditure. Please continue to pray and raise funds to minimise the size of any loan
- Going to tender: Recognising the vision God has given us for this project, we will now invite tenders for the work.
- Timescale: Work may begin this summer and finish a year later.
- Constitution: A loan on the security of the new hall may require a change to clause 21 of the churchâ€™s constitution.
- Budget for 2009-10: This was agreed, subject to any changes that might result from the building project. We will need to exercise economy where possible. Missionary giving was agreed, with the maximum grant at the same level as in the current year.
The Bishop has announced that he will retire on 31 July. Please pray for the appointment of a new Bishop of Glasgow and Galloway and also for the selection of a new Primus.
The Rector and Nick Cox have both been elected to General Synod, which they will attend in June.
Mary is on furlough from Wycliffe Bible Translators in Togo. She will visit St Silas in May. The New Testament in Ife will be launched in October in Togo.
Margaret will soon hand over her responsibility for church catering co-ordination. Many thanks to Margaret for all her work in this role.